novembre 30, 2017 - BMW
The new BMW i8 Roadster, the new BMW i8 Coupe
Comunicato Stampa disponibile solo in lingua originale.
- The sports car of the future – now available in two body variants. New BMW #i8roadster and new BMW i8 Coupe are under starter’s orders. Both plug-in hybrid models feature further developed BMW eDrive technology, enabling longer range and more time in pure-electric mode. World premiere of the #bmw #i8roadster at the #losangeles #auto Show in December 2017, market launch from May 2018.
- New #bmw #i8roadster represents an innovative expression of freedom: Open-top motoring in an uncompromisingly sporty two-seater, pressing the eDrive button enables virtually silent and locally emission-free driving at up to 120 km/h. Emotionally powerful exterior design with an elegantly dynamic, stretched silhouette; visually lower centre of gravity.
- Unique LifeDrive vehicle architecture and #bmw i form language carried over into a captivating #roadster concept. Model-specific body strengthening elements and gullwing doors feature the signature lightweight construction of #bmw i models; windscreen frame also made from carbon-fibre-reinforced plastic (CFRP). Inherent weight penalty of the new #bmw #i8roadster over the new BMW i8 Coupe limited to approximately 60 kilograms.
- High-quality soft-top covers a large area and has a unique mechanism. All-electric roof opens and closes very quietly – at the touch of a button – in 15 seconds and while travelling at up to 50 km/h. Soft-top stows away in a space-saving perpendicular position, creating around 100 litres of additional storage space behind the seats.
- Plug-in hybrid drive system with rigorously optimised #bmw eDrive technology. Cell capacity of the lithium-ion high-voltage battery up from 20 to 34 Ah, gross energy capacity up from 7.1 to 11.6 kWh. Electric motor with max. output raised by 9 kW/12 hp to 105 kW/143 hp. Enhanced dynamics and markedly increased scope for locally emission-free driving. Driving with the electric motor alone is possible at up to 105 km/h (previously 70 km/h). Pressing the eDrive button pushes the pure-electric driving threshold up to 120 km/h. Electric range: 53 kilometres/33 miles* (BMW i8 Roadster), 55 kilometres/34 miles* (BMW i8 Coupe).
- Three-cylinder petrol engine has an unchanged output of 170 kW/231 hp. Engine acoustics and emissions optimised with integrated particulate filter. Combined petrol consumption: 2.1 l/100 km * (BMW i8 Roadster), 1.9 l/100 km* (BMW i8 Coupe), CO2 emissions from petrol: 46 g/km* (BMW i8 Roadster), 42 g/km* (BMW i8 Coupe).
- New #bmw i8 Roadster has model-specific tuning for the springs, damping and Dynamic Stability Control. Both models come as standard with Dynamic Damper Control.
- New #bmw #i8roadster fitted as standard with exclusive 20-inch light-alloy wheels in double-spoke design. Each wheel weighs approx. one kilogram less than the lightest rim previously available.
- New E-Copper metallic and Donington Grey metallic exterior paint finishes for the BMW i8 #roadster and #bmw #i8coupe. Carpo interior design is standard on both models, for the #bmw #i8roadster exclusively in Ivory White/Black and for the #bmw #i8coupe in Ivory White. New optional Accaro interior trim in Amido/E-Copper. Model-specific “Roadster”/“Coupe” lettering on the C-pillars.
- Standard specification for both models comprises the Navigation system Professional, #bmw Display Key, Driving Assistant incl. Surround View, and a mode 2 charging cable. Tile-based menu design in Control Display, with live mode. Options include BMW Head‑Up Display with model-specific content, non-dazzling #bmw Laserlight with #bmw Selective Beam, and acoustic pedestrian warning.
- ConnectedDrive Services come as standard. #bmw Connected personal mobility assistant enables extensive connectivity between the car and the customer’s digital lifestyle. New digital services include intelligent route planning (complete with refuelling stops at a charging station or filling station), sharing of the current trip status and highly personalised in-car displays.